other shot of sea bass

This is a product review, but all opinions and views are my own.

Chilean Sea Bass is one of my absolute favorite fish to eat. It has a slight sweet and nutty notes to it. It smells like the ocean, but tastes oh so amazing with its giant white chunky flakes of deliciousness. Certified Steak & Seafood and asked if I would like to do a product review for them. It's food…so I was kinda gonna say yes anyways, but before working with them on this post…I wanted to see what they had to offer! Certified Steak & Seafood truly has it all. I was in a little bit in awe that I have not ever heard of them before. They offer everything from certified angus New York strip steak, Chateaubriand roast, crab legs, chilean sea bass, orange roughy, sword fish, and the list just goes on and on. I'm in heaven. They offer nothing but the top quality products that everyone is looking for. I've worked in the fine dining restaurant industry for over 20 years, and these items were of the greatest in demand.  However, one of the biggest things they pride themselves on is customer service. In fact, they consider it to be a great art. If your like me, you can love a brand…but if you don't have decent customer service, I probably won't be back. But if you have great customer service, I will be a complete return customer over and over again.

Okay, I made the decision of going with their chilean sea bass. Their portions are perfect at 8oz cut pieces. I haven't had an amazing piece of chilean sea bass in a really long time, so my palette was longing for it. It was longing for the taste of a pesto crust. Yum, I can taste it even now in just thinking about. And yes, I did warn them that I have a BIG family, but they more than happy to give me 7 pieces of their chilean sea bass.

sea bass vertical

This just turned out so gorgeous and so delicious, so let's get to my easy recipe for you to order your sea bass and enjoy!

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 12 minutes

Total Time: 17 minutes

Ingredients

  • 1/4 Cup toasted pine nuts
  • 1 1/4 Tablespoons of of minced garlic
  • 2 Cups packed fresh basil leaves
  • 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive OIl
  • 1/2 Cup of mayonnaise
  • 6 Tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
  • sea salt and pepper to taste (start with a 1/4 teaspoon of each)
  • 7 Pieces of Chilean Sea Bass

Instructions

  • Pre heat oven to 400 degree.
  • Cut the fish out of their plastic sealed wrapped compartments and lay on a cookie sheet layered with paper towels. The paper towels will help grab some extra unneeded water content from the sea bass. The place in the fridge while prepping your pesto.
  • In a blender, add pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, and basil. Blend and pulse until well blended (approximately 20 -30 seconds). You don't want to over process and bruise your pesto sauce.
  • Place your pest sauce into a medium sized bowll, and add may, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
  • Pull your fish out of the fridge, and place them in a 9 x 13 pryex glass dish.
  • Cover each fish with approximately a 1/4 thick layer. Don't be stingy. Spread that yummy goodness around.
  • Place in the oven and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until your pesto crust has a nice golden brown color to it.
  • Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.

  • sea bass packaged
    Here's how your chilean sea bass is delivered to you. Each one is vacuumed seal.
    This pesto crust is great for any fish or meat that you want to prepare in the oven. It's easy to make and so delicious!
    Here's a lovely image of your pesto crust to place on your sea bass.
    sea bass being prepped
    It's easier to place the sea bass in the pan first before adding your pesto crust.